Lemmen The Cat Speedpaint Lemmen The Cat Speedpaint

yeah, you need to make your linework less shakey, quick fluid strokes can really improve the look of any work, even with a mouse wich is all i use, you can find a way, not a bad attempt at cell shading, but with that you should still try to make the lines more fluid. you have a very nice anime - ish look but having consistant proportions and a better understanding of real anatomy will allow you to be able to exaggerate in a way that is more aesthetically pleasing to look at.

The Waters Be Icey Matey 2 The Waters Be Icey Matey 2

nice improvements, add in some score system and a level systeming platform and this could become addicting

Kill the Plumber Kill the Plumber

oh my god i just got the 100 lives medal, it took some work replaying levels, but worth it.. i like this game alot

Nemesis (16 Bit) Nemesis (16 Bit)

Love the old school feel, very nice

Character Concept Character Concept

hmm... BULDGE... BULDGE... BULDGE!!

Divine exilement Divine exilement

you are edge lord supreme i love your edginess, you could cut glass with such a fine edge. omg it cuts my soul just such an edge:P

At Rest At Rest

love it, love the shading, love the concept, love the compition love it... would suggest you try to play with the concept of thirds, look it up. i think it would draw the eye in your work more cleanly. and play with texture brushes for digital art they can be amazing to just add that little pop to your art :D

JJColours responds:

Thanks so much Jerry, I have indeed heard of the rule of thirds and I definitely have used it a lot over the years in my photography, but not really sat down to apply it to my art besides making things somewhat off center as a natural choice. I will read more up on it and see if I cant utilize that somehow in my current studies. As for brushes, boy do I have a lot - I even have made my own! BUT... I tend to be a "smudger" and I smooth everything out until it makes all other smooth things jealous. It really gives a digital feel and I've been trying so hard to adopt a new blending method to move away from that. I'll continue to keep trying. Thanks so much :)